Mega Glass Ltd will use any personal information collected from the Site in accordance with all UK laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. For the purposes of GDPR we are the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
Personal information you are asked to supply or you supply voluntarily as part of the registration and any other information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, our service providers and other organisations and by suppliers, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your account; (ii) in making decisions about whether any Contribution you seek to upload onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; and/or (iii) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
Personal information we collect includes:
- Contact details: such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account. We will use your contact details so that we can communicate with you directly about the products we sell and the service we provide and about queries, issues or concerns you may have.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions you share, when you provide feedback or reviews on our products or site, or when you respond to any surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Messages to us such as email or correspondence.
- Payment and transaction information: we will keep records of the products and services you purchase from us and the payment method you use for the transaction.
- Your preferences: choices you make such as notification and messaging preferences or choices about how the site is displayed.
- Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to the site is associated with your device and not you as a named individual.
The information collected on the Site can include:
- Mega Glass Direct makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Contact & Communication:
- From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our products and services. If you do not want us to send you email marketing, please let us know by sending an email to us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from any marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link (where available) in the emails we send to you.Email Newsletter: this website operates an email newsletter used to inform subscribers about products and services. Users can subscribe through an automated process but do so at their own discretion.
- Email Notifications about your order or changes to the services we provide: we may send you email notifications in relation to your order or changes to the way we provide our services to you.
Links to third party sites:
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Mega Glass Ltd will not disclose voluntarily provided details to third parties or use the information in any other way without your prior consent.
Retention of personal data:
Personal information relating to customer orders and accounts will be stored by Mega Glass Direct. This information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use. In addition, every two years Mega Glass Direct will conduct an information audit and will remove customer data that is deemed unnecessary. Customers can contact us at any time and request that their personal information is removed from our records. We will oblige as long as there is no current activity relating to that customer’s account or if we need to retain data in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation.
You can also contact us directly if you have any additional requests or questions in regards to Access, Rectification, Erasure or Portability of your personal data.
If you are not satisfied with our response regarding your personal information then you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO; www.ico.org.uk).
Last updated: 1st May 2018